Saturday, September 12, 2009

OB Appointment Update-23 1/2 weeks

At my last appointment (22 weeks), I had another sonogram, but my OB was called out to a delivery and I didn't get to see her...Finally saw her this past Thursday! :)

BLOOD PRESSURE: Things were GREAT! My blood pressure has been awesome this time. It was very high with Taylor, good with Chase, and excellent this time!

WEIGHT: I've only gained 6 lbs! SIX! This is from someone who has gained up to 53 lbs, then 35 lbs! LOL I am very happy with it, as is Dr Babin. I do expect a big increase over the next couple of months, but so far, so good. My goal is 15-20 lbs total. With my history, I can't lose while breastfeeding, so hopefully this will help out some.

SIZE: Im actually measuring 2 weeks ahead of time using the fundus measurements (1 centimenter from bottom to top of my belly=1 week) So-I should measure 23 cent., but actually measured 25! Not sure what that means at this point. I hope it means that I will go a little early (2009 would be nice LOL). Of course, I could birth a 10 lb baby...LOL We'll see.

BABY: Is feeling a lot bigger than Chase at this point. I have been feeling the rolling movement, and low/high movement at the same time. I didn't feel this until around 30weeks (not 23!) Chase was a smaller baby, so I can really tell this time around, even this early, that she will be a little bit bigger.

UP NEXT: I am scheduled to go back in 5 weeks, and i'll get my iron levels and my Glucose checked. Prayers against anything bad in that area! I haven't had Gestational Diabetes in either pregnancy, so hopefully this one will continue that.

SWINE FLU: I swear, if one more student comes up to me, breathes on me, then tells me they are flu-ish, I will hit them. Seriously-I will :P We have had a HUGE number of absences due to both the seasonal flu and the H1N1 strain. It's funny to hear other people freak out at this point bc one or 2 people they know have it. Well, I had about 70 kids out with it last week. Thankfully i've been good. I make sure to wash my hands and use sanitizer. I've also opened my classroom windows while students are in to "air out" the room several times a day. So far, so good. This should make for an interesting fall semester though...doctors are saying it won't be easing up and to expect it harder/earlier this year. (Really-ya think?)

So-that is my update...i'm 24 weeks on Tuesday, so my next appointment will have me at 28 weeks. I swear this pregnancy is flying by! Addison Olivia Jones will be here before we know it!

No comments: