Saturday, August 8, 2009

Want to Get Pregnant ASAP?

Sell all your baby stuff in a garage sale! Yes, last summer Kyle and I decided we needed to purge alot of our things when we bought our home last summer. That included the thousands of baby items that we have accumulated over the years. So, we said goodbye to it all over a hot August weekend and came out getting about $700 total. Awesome for a garage sale, if I must say! LOL
So-here we are, 19 weeks along with a baby girl and nothing but a small box of baby items. I am not having a shower this time around, obviously, so Kyle and I have been trying to figure out how to get what we need without going overboard and having too much stuff that we won't even get to put it on the baby, which has happened to both kids now.

When you are having your 3rd baby, you know what you need and what is just nice to have (and also what you will NEVER ever use) Our main savings are being put toward baby gear. We plan on getting a bouncer chair, travel swing, and a Pack and Play with a bassinet/newborn bed/changing pad. We plan to cosleep with this baby as well, but I was very nervous about the first month or so having a baby in our King size bed with literally 8 inches of pillowtop. So-we will have the bassinet for a couple months then switch to our bed.

I figure we will get some clothes from family and friends anyway, so we really haven't thought about that at all. Turns out, we are right. My mom showed up today with onesies! Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, and I certainly wouldn't blog about onesies, BUT-this is our very first gift for our baby girl!!! I also love that my mom thinks ahead...she got 6 mos onesies since most people always give newborn clothes for gifts, and the bigger sizes also hold a big, giant cloth diaper butt.
Yes-the cloth diapers are safe and sound in the attic, along with my 2 pumps :) See, I DO know what is important to keep. We also kept special outfits. I will probrably start cloth diapering around 2 months, like we did with Chase. Since we breastfeed, it would seriously be double the washings. So-for the first 8-12 weeks, we will use Pamper's Swaddlers!
Here are our first outfits for our new baby!






3 comments:

Denise C said...

I love purple! I've succeeded in making that Caroline's favorite color, too!

At least this time around you do know exactly what you want. I'm loving how much you're updating!

Amy said...

Cute! It's like we spoke these into being! Haha! The ones I got our friends are the same, just lavender and brown. Super cute!

The Joneses said...

maybe I should just make you some fitted diapers to contain the BF poop mess...