Thursday, July 30, 2009

To Do List: Item #2 Meal Plan (and Shop) for One Whole Month

Picture 1: This isn't in an order. I have all our "like food groups" across each row. Ground beef, chicken, vegataria/seafood, beef, pork. As we make the listed meal, I X it out so I know what I have made and haven't made in awhile. I think this is 30 meals, 4 of which are our "once a week" treats of eating out/ordering out. You can actually click the pictures and enlarge them if you'd like to see what the Jones family is eating in August! LOL


As we use items, I have this list under our meal calendar. We just x off what we need, and add a number out beside it if we need more than one. It helps to have the items pre-printed, as I often remember something we need while looking at the list! There are also spaces to fill in your own items.



My Planner: I used to plan an entire month of meals/dates, but found that sometimes we just didn't feel like eating what was on the menu, or something comes up and we don't have time to go "all out" for dinner. This lets me look at just the week and plan for 5-7 days at a time. It also helps to plan in pencil, as you see i've had to switch meals (This happens alot, and I do USUALLY have it in pencil! LOL) I also keep track of appointments, etc. so I know when I will need to have a "quick fix" listed there.

*Yes-this is a Vera Bradley planner :P I know someone will see this, and point it out on Facebook! LOL


And-this is our daily supper reminder! I write out our entire meal plan for that night, with any instructions for Kyle to do while on his lunch break. (IE-Turn crockpot to low around 1pm, or take out ribs at lunchtime to thaw in time for supper) And-it is Fleur de Lis, and matches the kitchen :D
*yes-my kids DO love veggies: brussel sprouts aren't a dirty word around here :)

Next on my list-Touch up the front door paint! No too hard...we have to do it 2-3 times a year, especially after summer, bc the sun hits it all morning an causes the paint around the glass to peel. I'm also looking for a small garden flag to put by the front door...not sure what I want on it yet. Maybe a "J"...or birds...or flowers...or a Fleur De Lis...hmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE your organization! I have a list of every meal that I cook, and on the weekends, J and I sit down with it and choose meals for the entire week and I make my grocery list then. It's similar to your plan, just on a smaller scale.

Evergreen brand flags are amazing! They have really cute monogrammed flags. (look them up online). I have a black/creme monogram estate and garden flag with fleur de lis. You would love them. I think you can see mine in one of the pictures on my blog. And Michael's has a ton of spring/summer garden flags on clearance for $2.??.

Tonya said...

I LOVE this! My goal is to be this organized...eventually. Right now I just want sleep.